Keeping your smoking tools clean is absolutely essential to having an enjoyable experience. You will be able to taste the full profile of your herb without the interference of burning built up tar and resin. Whether you’re using our SilverStick or a generic one hitter, the cleaning techniques are about the same. While the SilverStick utilizes cotton to filter the overall experience, you’ll still need to give it an occasional once over for optimal use. Here’s how we recommend keeping your pipe clean!
What you’ll need:
- A shallow bowl or container
- Cotton swabs or pipe cleaners
- Paper towel
- Isopropyl alcohol (the higher strength, the better)
Follow these steps to make your one hitter good as new:
- Unscrew the SilverStick to separate it into its component parts
- Push out the used filter if there’s one in there. You can use a poker or any long skinny object for this
- Place all of the one hitter parts (minus the filter) into your container or bowl
- Submerge the pieces with your isopropyl alcohol (aka rubbing alcohol) which is available at most grocery stores, drug stores, or convenience stores - and is usually found with first aid materials
- Periodically agitate (gently shake) the container
- Wait 45 minutes to 1 hour
- Remove the pieces and dry them off
- Use a cotton swab to detail the hard to reach places inside the pipe
- Give it a thorough rinse with water and completely dry it again
- It’s now ready to smoke!
It’s as simple as that - your one hitter is now clean and will work like a charm! If you’re new to maintaining a SilverStick or pipe, you’ll find that it’s significantly easier to clean it regularly, rather than waiting for it to get very dirty. A quick cleaning once every week or two goes a long way, and will make your overall smoking experience much more enjoyable.